Another week has trickled through the hour glass!
I'm still in limbo land! A head full of dreams and plans, and a body that's just not letting me!
Seeing as I've started to tell you about my health, I best keep you updated, but I'm certainly not going to make it the focus of my blog!
My symptoms have remained the same, in fact on Wednesday the day I saw the Doctor I was as bad as I've ever been, I walked in like an old woman because I'd had to sit in the waiting room for an hour and became stiff and achy. I think it did the Doctor good to see me like that, because every other time I've seen her it's been on a good day!
Anyway the bloods have eliminated many things. It's not menopause, it's not a thyroid issue and it's not anemia.
The only abnormal bloods were low "complement studies" I'd never heard of these before, but they could indicate a range of things. The main outcome is I've been referred to a specialist physician for opinion/diagnosis. So we will see what he comes up with.
I'm almost two weeks into trialling wheat free, and at this stage I'm not seeing any improvement or change in my symptoms, I suppose it may be too early to tell, so I will persist. What has been surprising is the amount of wheat in food! Wheat is turning up in things I never expected to see it in, like liquorice for example!
|I thought about borrowing wheat free cook books from the library, but we have an excellent op-shop here, which almost specializes in books, I picked up these 4 books for $15|
All is not lost on this seemingly unproductive week at home. I have picked up my cross stitch again, after a long absence. It's nice to sit in the cool of the house and stitch away, I'd love to finish my cross stitch this year.
I've also been mulling over what I want to achieve this year, and I've come up with a list. I'm going to print it out and stick it to the study wall to remind me every day to chip away at them, and I'm going to put it here, on my blog, so I can read over it at the end of the year, and see what I've achieved (or not achieved as the case may be)
So here it is...
GOALS FOR 2019
(In no particular order)
- Set up/experiment with wicking pots/containers
- Continue to plant out/maintain the Orchard
- Finish my cross stitch
- Revamp the pantry with glass storage containers
- Create an Uluru photo book (from our trip 3 years ago!!)🤔
- Create a photo book for mum from Christmas visit
- Declutter and Organize the study 🙄
- Make more pickles/preserves/jams
- Keep working on my recipe folder (rid myself of excess recipes)
- Commit to my one second a day app (going well so far, I want to see a whole year's worth by the end of the year, I got slack with it last year!)
- Host more people over for meals, BBQ's etc
- Keep a gift list when hints/ideas hit, and buy all year long (not in December like I usually do!)
- Bless others more with my actions and words
- Teach the kids how to cook and more home skills
It seems like a lot when I see it printed out in black and white like that, but I can see already that it will give me focus.
Have a lovely weekend everyone, I will leave you with a photo of the painting my 16 year old daughter did as a gift for my mum while she was visiting. Isn't it beautiful, it just brightens my day, and makes me smile, what a talent she is developing.